Policies & Procedures
The Safety and Security of our preschoolers is a BIG deal.
At Restoration Church we have strong policies and procedures regarding our children and we take them very seriously.
Our practices include the following:
- As a deterrent from child abuse and to protect the teachers from erroneous accusations, two teachers minimum are required to be with preschoolers at all times.
- As an essential precaution, adults who work in preschool are required to submit to personal and criminal background checks. This is to ensure the quality and character of our volunteers and staff.
- We use a security badge system for drop off and pick up to ensure safety of our children.
Keeping your child safe at church is a priority at Restoration! Your understanding and adherence to these policies is both expected and appreciated.
- Preschoolers should be brought to class and picked up by an adult (18 yrs. and up).
- Security badges are issued to all parents at Preschool check-in each time you attend. There will be 2 security badges printed out for you. One goes on your child’s back and the other is for you to keep in order to pick up your child from the classroom. Should you loose this badge, please come to the preschool check-in desk with identification to request another badge.
- Please keep your cell phones on vibrate during the service in case a need arises with your child.
- For parents of babies, there is an information sheet that must be completed and turned in to your child’s teacher so that we know your child’s needs while they are with us.
Dropping Off/ Picking Up
- Parents may drop off their children no earlier than 15 minutes before the worship service and pick up no later than 15 minutes after the service ends.
- When bringing and picking up children, please wait for a teacher to come to the door. Please do not open the door to the room for the safety of all children.
- At least one parent must remain on the church campus whenever their preschooler is at church.
- When picking up your child at the end of the service, please be prompt. Even the most well adjusted child can become fearful or anxious if they are waiting after other children have left.
- Parents should not bring their child to the preschool when any of the following exist:
- Fever, vomiting, and/or diarrhea (should be free of any for at least 24 hours)
- Any symptoms of childhood diseases (i.e. scarlet fever, measles, mumps, chicken pox, whooping cough, etc.)
- Common cold – runny nose (anything other than clear)
- Sore throat
- Any unexplained rash or skin infection: boils, ringworm or impetigo
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye) , and/or any other eye infections
- Teachers cannot give or apply any medications to any child.
**If symptoms develop anytime at church, the parents will be immediately notified.
- A private place is available for nursing mothers.
- Bottles will be given to babies according to your instructions. Please pre-measure water and formula.
- Solid foods cannot be fed due to limited space and time.
- Light snacks will be served to older preschoolers (goldfish, pretzels, fruit gummies, or fruit). Please notify teachers of any allergies or if you do not wish for you child to have snacks.
- Please label all of your child’s belongings- especially cups, bottles, and diaper bags.
- Please leave your child’s personal toys at home or in the car. (They can create confusion and unhappiness in your child’s class)